Terms & Conditions
When booking a cottage at Exmoor Cottage Holidays you must ensure that you agree to the Terms & Conditions below. Breach of these Terms may result in anyone staying in the cottage being asked to leave the property immediately without refund for holiday days lost.
- We (us & our) trading as Exmoor Cottage Holidays, are in the business of letting furnished holiday cottages at Town Tenement Farm, Challacombe, EX31 4TS (the SITE) described at www.exmoorcottageholidays.co.uk.
- You must be at least 18 years old to enter into the BOOKING, which is our agreement to let a cottage on SITE to you for a holiday, from an Arrival date to a Departure date, for a given PRICE (plus any EXTRA charges and a BOND), subject to these Terms & Conditions.
- You accept responsibility for anyone staying overnight or visiting (including pets) in connection with the BOOKING, and any reference to ‘you’ and ‘your’ in the rest of this document also applies to any of them.
- You agree the BOOKING is for short term holiday letting only, and will not be used for any business or illegal activity.
- The PRICE is for your exclusive use of the cottage & contents (including electricity, heating oil, mains water, bed linen, WiFi, welcome pack, a basket of logs & kindling), an attached garden or patio; and access to shared grounds (with two acres of wildlife gardens & a play area for children up to 12 years old). There are EXTRA charges for pets (£18 each per stay) and for services such as towel sets (£5 per person) and logs (£5 per basket).
- The cottage & garden will be clean and tidy ready for your Arrival. You agree to look after them, and leave them much the same when you depart.
- You agree to pay us extra for any damages, breakages, missing items & extra cleaning; resulting from your stay. We will not charge for wear & tear, and for something partly our fault (such as a broken catch because a window won’t close properly). We expect to clean thoroughly after your stay; and will only charge for our extra time cleaning, and then only if for example, the cottage is left very dirty & untidy; or there are stubborn stains, pervasive smells, and excessive traces of pets. Our time is charged at £12 per hour, and anything we have to buy or use is charged at cost. Items replaced are charged less in proportion to any existing wear & tear; and if we agree that a charge is disproportionate (such as to repair or replace a carpet with a small burn; a bath with a small chip; or a door with multiple dog scratches) we may at our discretion limit it to £50.
- We will refund the BOND (usually £50) to you within 14 days of Departure, less any charges in Term 7. above; and less charges for any EXTRA used but not paid for. If the total charges exceed the BOND, we will send you an invoice for the difference which you must pay within 14 days.
- You agree not to exceed the maximum occupancy which is two people in Wisteria Cottage; four in Garden Cottage; five in The Gatehouse; five in Inglenook Cottage; and six in The Farmhouse. Plus one infant up to 14kg in each cottage. We rarely permit over-occupancy, and only when confirmed in the BOOKING.
- Anyone in your party under 16 years old must always be supervised by an adult whilst on SITE.
- You must not cause a disturbance or nuisance to other guests, or our staff. This includes aggressive or threatening behaviour; and repeated loud music, late night parties, dog barking, and being rude or offensive.
- Smoking is not permitted in the cottage.
- Pets are only allowed on SITE if confirmed in the BOOKING, and must never be left unattended.
- If you breach any of the above Terms 2, 3, 4 or 9, 10, 11, 12, 13; we may TERMINATE the BOOKING (without refund for days lost) and you must leave the SITE immediately.
- If pets are confirmed in the BOOKING, you must provide beds, bedding, and bowls for each pet; scoop poop immediately from gardens and pathways; and keep pets away from the play area. You agree to vacuum and clean up after your pets in the cottage and they are not allowed on beds, bedding, or chairs; or in other cottages on SITE.
- When you make a reservation, we will hold it for 7 days awaiting payment. If Arrival is within 6 weeks, the total (PRICE + EXTRAS + BOND) is payable now; otherwise a deposit of 25% of the total is payable now. Please note we may release the reservation after 7 days if we don’t receive payment.
- When we confirm a BOOKING it will be in writing and contain details of the cottage, dates booked, breakdown of charges including extras, how much you’ve paid, and any balance owing (and when due). Please check this straight away and let us know if anything’s wrong.
- If the BOOKING requires payment at least 6 weeks before Arrival, and we don’t receive payment on time, we will contact you, and if we still haven’t received payment after a further 48 hours, we may TERMINATE the BOOKING, and refund your payments (less £50 administration fee) within 14 days.
- Very rarely, for example at the last minute, the BOOKING may require payment of cash on Arrival, and this is strictly payable on the Arrival date, or access to the SITE may be denied and the payment is still due. You may cancel a cash BOOKING only by paying the PRICE straight away, and if we can re-let we will refund your payments in proportion to any re-let period (less £25 administration fee).
- We will do our best to honour the BOOKING and if we cancel for any reason (excepting TERMINATE above) we will provide you with equivalent accommodation for your dates in the local area; but if this is not suitable to you, or we can’t find equivalent accommodation for your dates; we will refund all your payments in full within 7 days, and this will be the extent of our liability.
- If you cancel the BOOKING more than six weeks before Arrival we will refund all your payments (less £25 administration fee) within 14 days; otherwise we will only refund any EXTRA & BOND paid, and not the PRICE; unless we can re-let, when we will also refund the PRICE in proportion to any re-let period (less £25 administration fee). We will send you any refund due within 14 days of Departure.
- The cottage will be ready by 3pm on Arrival. There is no refund if you arrive later.
- There is parking in our car park for two vehicles per cottage (extra vehicles may have to park in the roadside).
- You must let us know straight away of any damages, breakages, or faults on SITE so that we can put things right as soon as possible.
- The cottage is not connected to the mains sewer and you must only flush bodily waste and toilet paper (not wet wipes). Do not use biological detergent or antibacterial hand wash (non-bio detergent and eco-friendly hand-wash is provided).
- We may enter the cottage with reasonable cause (e.g. essential repairs, meter readings) but will always try to minimise any disruption to your holiday.
- We do not accept liability for any damage or loss to you on SITE, unless caused by our own negligence.
- You must leave the SITE by 10am at the latest on Departure. There is no refund if you leave early.
- If you leave anything behind that you want returning to you; please let us know as soon as possible and if we find it, we will package & post it to you at cost, plus £10 administration fee. Left items will only be kept for six weeks.
- Any information you give us may be stored (digitally in our computer and on paper in our bookings book) but will only be used in connection with your booking, and will not knowingly be shared with anyone else, unless we are legally obliged to do so.
- There is a lot of detailed information on our website and although it’s updated every year, some of it may be out of date (especially photographs). We believe that any changes we make are improvements, or cosmetic, and shouldn’t affect your enjoyment of the cottage, but if any advertised details are especially important to you, then please check with us before BOOKING.
Exmoor Cottage Holidays
Town Tenement Farm, Challacombe, North Devon EX31 4TS
Partners: JI Moore & JH Moore
Telephone: 01598 763320