Terms & Conditions
When booking a cottage at Exmoor Cottage Holidays you must ensure that you agree to the Terms & Conditions below. Breach of these Terms may result in anyone staying in the cottage being asked to leave the property immediately without refund for holiday days lost.
- The person making the booking must be at least 18 years old, and accepts responsibility for anyone (including pets) staying in the cottage during the booking period, and their visitors. The booking is not transferable to anyone else or to other dates without our written agreement.
- The total number of people staying at the cottage during the booking period must not exceed the maximum occupancy (i.e. Wisteria 2, Garden 4, Gatehouse 5, Inglenook 5, Farmhouse 6, plus one infant under 2 years old).
- The cottage is for short term holiday letting only, for a maximum of 28 days, and is not to be sublet or used for any business or illegal purpose.
- Children under 16 years old must always be supervised by an adult when in the cottages and grounds, and when using WiFi and Freeview TV.
- We reserve the right to decline a booking or reservation that has not been confirmed. Your booking is only confirmed when we have sent you a Booking Confirmation (usually after we have received a deposit payment of at least 25% of the total price). Full payment is due no later than six weeks before the start of your holiday or we may cancel the booking on your behalf.
- The price includes use of: the cottage; electricity and oil for heat, light and power; water; a basket of logs and kindling; bed linen, tea towels, dish-cloth and cleaning products; a welcome pack with a few essentials (tea, coffee, sugar, fresh milk, shampoo, conditioner, hand-soap and toilet roll); Freeview TV and DVD player; WiFi (suitable for surfing and emails but not streaming films and gaming); parking for 2 cars on-site; private patio/garden with a picnic table; access to most of the grounds including a wild-flower meadow, wildlife pond and children's playground (maximum age 12 years). There is a washer, dryer, iron and ironing-board either in the cottage, or in a laundry room (which you can use when we are on-site). Pets and towels are not included. Pets are charged £18 each per stay, towel hire £5 per person for a bath and hand towel.
- If you cancel the booking at least six weeks before the start of your holiday we will refund all your payments less £25 administration fee. If the booking is cancelled within six weeks of the start of your holiday you will be liable to pay for the holiday in full (although if we can re-let we will refund you any re-let period less £25 administration fee). We strongly recommend that you make sure you have appropriate holiday cancellation insurance.
- Arrivals are between 3pm and 5pm. If you think you might arrive after 5pm, please let us know in advance so that we can make arrangements regarding the keys. There is no refund for late arrivals or early departures.
- If there are any problems with the cottage or contents please let us know as soon as possible so that we have an opportunity to put things right. We cannot be held liable for faulty equipment or appliances, but will try to remedy any faults as soon as we can.
- There is parking on-site for two vehicles per cottage, other vehicles may have to park off-site. We do not accept liability for theft of, or damage to, vehicles and/or their contents unless caused by our negligence.
- If the cottage is not available due to circumstances beyond our control we will provide you with another cottage on-site, if this is impossible, or unacceptable to you, we will return all your payments in full (or a proportion if part way through your stay) and this will be the extent of our liability.
- Well behaved dogs/cats are usually allowed. You must bring suitable beds/bedding for each pet and clean up after your pets outside and inside the cottage (including hoovering the floors before you depart, see BOND). Pets must be kept under control at all times, they must not foul the playground or be left unattended in the cottage or grounds; and are not allowed on beds, bedding, furniture or in other cottages on site.
- Departures no later than 10am on the last day of your booking. The cottage will be clean and tidy when you arrive, and you agree to leave it much as you found it when you depart, and to inform us of any damage, breakages and missing items.
- Smoking is not permitted in any of the cottages.
- BOND. Bookings are subject to a £50 BOND for each cottage, which will be returned to you within 14 days of your departure, less any charges for breakages, damages, missing items and extra cleaning (all purchases will be charged at cost, time taken at £12/hour). Extra cleaning is charged if the cottage is left dirty and untidy; and if stains and/or pet hairs have to be removed from e.g. bedding, carpets or furniture. The BOND is forfeit if there is evidence of smoking; or relatively minor damage to fixtures and fittings which are difficult to quantify or repair (e.g. small burns, impact damage and scratches). If the total charges exceed the BOND we will send you an invoice for the difference which you agree to pay us on demand.
- You must not cause a disturbance or nuisance to us or our agents, neighbours or other guests.
- We or our agents may enter the cottage at any time with reasonable cause, e.g. for maintenance or meter reads, but we will always try to minimise any disruption to your holiday.
- Anyone staying at or visiting Exmoor Cottage Holidays does so at their own risk. We do not accept liability for damage or loss unless caused by our negligence.
- If you leave anything behind we can post it to you on request for the cost of postage and packing plus £10 administration fee. Left items will be kept for no longer than six weeks.
- Any data collected during booking may be stored and we will not knowingly share this data with anyone else unless legally obliged to do so.
- Our details are correct when published but we reserve the right to change our details from time to time. If anything is especially important to you then please check with us before booking.
Exmoor Cottage Holidays
Town Tenement Farm, Challacombe, North Devon EX31 4TS
Partners: JI Moore & JH Moore
Telephone: 01598 763320